Sunday, November 5, 2006

Eclipse - better usability than ever

While I was stuck with an old version of WSAD at work, a lot of action had been happening on IDE world.

Netbeans is going to come with version 6.0, on which ton of editor improvements are promised.

Meanwhile, I had been doing my fun stuff on eclipse. I have version 3.2.1, and there are very noticable improvements in simple things as:

the intelligent auto completion/import feature when used for commonly used class as "List" inserts Java instead of alphabetically preferred java.awt.List. Who is using java.awt.List anyway? - way to go.

Somehow, I always liked slickness of swt over swing in case of IDEs. But still, I am waiting to see what netbeans 6.0 has got. The matisse GUI builder in Netbeans was an unprecedented improvement in Java IDE history and it for sure has whet my appetite.

No comments: