Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Things we take for granted

Late night, and I was finishing off my daily "surfing entertainment". I went on to check on of my favorite mp3 hosting blogs(Don't wanna share the name, sorry) based out of Singapore. The website just refuses to load. I hit refresh and it keeps loading forever. I "what ev"d it and went to sleep.
Today morning I happen to read this news. An earthquake has disrupted Internet connections in Asia. After all these days of my wifi, hi-speed Internet access, I kind of started to take Internet connectivity for granted. This event just reminded me of the bandwidth crunch that we have in public Internet in India. Basic Internet access such as checking yahoo emails used to be a "crawling experience" back in my hometown. Hm!
So, it is time that I took all the comforts that I enjoy a little seriously!?

No comments: