Monday, March 21, 2011

Cricket Thoughts

For those who do not know, there is a Cricket World cup in progress. I had been watching India's matches live and I had some random thoughts in my mind.
Why this series is interesting? Is it because it is being held in the Indian sub-continent? Is it because India has a shot at the finals? Is it because technology and analysis has so advanced that there is an interesting statistics at every ball of the game? No it is because there are two players involved, who are playing their last world cup matches.

Sachin Tendulkar
Well, my writing prowess are not just enough to write about him. And so much is already written an spoken about him! Anyway, to put in my humble way, the only player I like in the current Indian team is Sachin. Also, he has not disappointed me in the recent world cup games. I am just hoping that the rest of the mixed talent (or horribly talented at bowling) Indian team will put their heart out there and give the little master the adieu that he deserves.
Shoaib Akhtar
Plain and simple, raw pace and aggression fitting to a fast bowler. Though he sucks with his discipline and fitness, he entertained us with his superb, sometimes brutal yorkers. He may not be a smooth operator like McGrath or fit like Brett Lee. But the game is alive when he is out there running up like the 'Rawalpindi express'. There are many memorable yorkers and reverse swings from this man that bowled out batting maestros like Dravid and Tendulkar.


Good luck you both!


No comments: